Book Title: The Ophthalmic Assistant: A Text for Allied and Associated Ophthalmic Personnel: Expert Consult - Online and Print, 9e
Author: Harold A. Stein MD MSC(Ophth) FRCS(C) DOMS(London)
Excel in your clinical responsibilities with The Ophthalmic Assistant. Whether you work in an ophthalmology, optometry, or opticianry setting, this best-selling reference delivers expert practical, up-to-date guidance on ocular diseases, surgical procedures, medications, and equipment as well as paramedical procedures and office management - providing all the knowledge and skills you need to be a valuable asset to your team. A real "how-to" textbook.
- Consult this full-color visual guide for identification of ophthalmic disorders, explanations of difficult concepts, and depictions of the newest equipment used in ophthalmology and optometry – with over 1,000 illustrations.
- Refer to the practical appendices for quick-reference information on hospital/practice forms for more efficient patient record keeping, conversion tables, numerous language translations, ocular emergencies, pharmaceuticals, and more.
- Update your practical knowledge of ophthalmic tests and procedures.
- Confidently prepare for certification or recertification exams with comprehensive and practical information on the exam process for ophthalmic and optometric assistants.
- Optimize your results with OCT imaging and other innovative technologies used in today’s ophthalmic offices, clinics, and hospitals.
- Stay up to date with new drugs being used to treat a diverse range of eye diseases and disorders.
- Learn how to assist the newest refractive cataract surgery procedures.
- Update your knowledge of CPR procedures.
- Access the fully searchable contents online, plus a downloadable image gallery, at www.expertconsult.com.
Practical guidance to help you tackle the ophthalmic challenges and cases you face everyday